Thursday, April 15, 2010

Seasons Change and So Do the Sports

Well, the Bradford pear trees are in full bloom and our neighborhood entry way is lined with the beautiful white flowers.  With the change of seasons comes the change in sports and we are in full swing with soccer and gymnastics. 


Jack is on a team with several boys he's played with for a long time and they have really gelled as a group.  We seem to have finally weeded out the "daisy pickers" (Jack's description of players that don't pay attention)!! :)


Annie started gymnastics on Tuesdsay.  She loves it and has asked every day since if she can go again.  While tennis got started because of "the cute white skirts", I think she actually likes this for the sport - not the clothes!



This week also included Kindergarten Open House, and of course I cried.  Brian made fun of me, but I can't help it!  She was very excited and very happy to show the new kids the ropes . . . shocking, I know!! :)

Today I officially rotated off the Boys' & Girls' Club Auxiliary, but it is kind of anticlimactic since I'm chairing our largest fund-raising event next month.  The annual Strawberry Shortcake Festival is held on the Bloomington courthouse lawn and we serve over 7,500 shortcake servings.  It is a really big event and I'm looking forward to celebrating my real end to this five-year term on May 13th at 3:00 when the festival will be over!  Hmmm, does it seem as though I'm counting down??

Thanks for checking in!
xo - jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment