Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm Back!

Hello!

Ok, so I know this was supposed to be my New Year's resolution, but you have to give me a break.  A lot has happened since the new year and I've been lucky to keep my head above water! :)

I know, excuses are lame, so I'll stop.  I will tell you what we've been up to, explain why we have a new family blog link, and hopefully explain why there was a two-month gap in my resolution.

First of all,  I changed blog locations due to the crazy requests of Shutterfly, not to mention the fact that you all were getting reminders for everything I had on our calendar (sorry for that, and thanks Christine for letting me know!).  The Shutterfly Share Site was also very limited in how my posts looked and who could comment on the content and/or the pictures.  So with that being said, this is the new spot.  Book mark it, copy it to my contact entry in Outlook, print it out and keep it under your pillow, whatever works for you . . . Just know this is the place to find out what's happening in our crazy little world.

That being said, we do have a crazy little world . . .   When I made this resolution to keep in better contact with our family and close friends, I had no idea that by the end of January I would have interviewed for a brand new job (at a company I'd interviewed with before, but for a different position), be offered that job, give my two-weeks notice at TRX (where I'd been for almost 10 years!), decline their counter offer, and start a new job on February 1st.  That is a crazy way to start a new year!

Otherwise, it has been a great Q1.  Brian's practice continues to grow faster than he can keep up and the kids are fantastic.  Jack got his third report card of straight A's.  Annie is doing addition of all numbers 0-9 and really starting to read.  And they both have been playing indoor tennis all winter.  Along with Cub Scouts, dance, and Spanish classes, we keep very busy.  My new job is going great - we're all adjusting to me leaving the house for a few hours every day to go into the office.  But honestly, that is one of the main reasons I took the job.  After being virtual for over five years, I really started to miss that adult interaction and office camaraderie. 

So, all that being said, I'm back on the horse.  I'll do my best to visit this page once a week, provide pictures, and updates, and maybe even a video now and then (if I can figure that out).  Keep reading for my first real post - it was a very busy Easter weekend.

Thanks for checking in!
xo - jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment